Day 2 recap: Muy Bueno + Bruno Mars
This is my 3rd year at Dreamforce. And yes – it does look like the biggest software conference on the planet. So after another busy day on Monday (w/ social media, meetings, booth duty and Certinia Community day), day 2 started off with a bang at the Hillary Clinton keynote and ended with an amazing performance by Bruno Mars in City Hall!
- One on one chat with Hilary Clinton and Klaus Schwab – Bring technology to the global masses and the importance of keeping the internet open. (She also avoided questions about her potential run for the big seat in 2016.)
- Hula music and the beach boy kicked off the keynote in front of thousands of attendees
- Biggest DF yet – over 1,450 sessions and 145,000 people registered. 400+ companies, and 5 million people joining the event online
- Marc Benioff and Salesforce entering the Analytics and Big Data space – announcing Salesforce Analytics Cloud “Wave” – the Hot New Thing!
- Salesforce1 stats – 10X APIs, 4M+ apps built, 84K companies using the Salesforce 1app.
- Mayor Ed Lee thanking Marc for starting Salesforce in San Francisco, and setting the gold standard for philanthropy – The food drive held in the central plaza will donate 2 million meals.
- Everything is going mobile – “We need to build mobile apps faster. Build more apps.” – Marc Benioff
- Peter Coffee doing his thing again – great interviews with great customers
- ERPcentral at SPUR Urban center was a hit – sessions, viewing parties, meetings, meetup…
- Our booth was still busy – plus the attendees are loving our t-shirts and JBL Pulse giveaways.
- San Francisco City Hall + Bruno Mars = magical
- In other news – San Francisco Giants Beat St. Louis Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 on a Walk–Off Bunt